Automation Fair Chicago 2011

I went last year and got yelled out for a nice dinner tab šŸ™ƒ.

There was a vendor there that had a though cabinet device. It looked like a side connector for a cabinet but it had little rubber semi circle knockouts. Each was a few mill's thick so you just peel a few layers for the cable you need to run though a cabinet hole.

I've bashing my head for the past 3 days looking for them so if anyone see's them get me a name!

There was a vendor there that had a th(r)ough cabinet device. It looked like a side connector for a cabinet but it had little rubber semi circle knockouts. Each was a few mill's thick so you just peel a few layers for the cable you need to run though a cabinet hole.

I've bashing my head for the past 3 days looking for them so if anyone see's them get me a name!

Boy did I get lucky with my first search terms...

I have never been to the Automation Fair. I would love to go. I got cut out of my iFix training this year (not enough students) so maybe they can spend a little more next year and send us.

Anybody going to the Automation Fair in Chicago this year?

Here now. Amazed at the attendance , and the smaller than usual floor space for exhibitors. Could not believe how crowded the floor was at lunch time , when about 10,000 people were off the floor having lunch.

Again , always amazed at the military type precision of the event staff serving 10-15,000 people lunch.

Here now. Amazed at the attendance , and the smaller than usual floor space for exhibitors. Could not believe how crowded the floor was at lunch time , when about 10,000 people were off the floor having lunch.

Again , always amazed at the military type precision of the event staff serving 10-15,000 people lunch.

Back at the office now. According to Rockwell this year set a record in attendance.

Nice show and they highlighted a couple of new things to look out for next year. I was really impressed with the planned expansion of the Compact Logix line. I am glad they are starting to give that line some more flexibility.

Also the new panelveiws looked good. Looks like they are going to go away from Windows CE.

I found a lot of new stuff to buy.

I liked the new 1756 I/O modules that talk to each other over the backplane a on input can be directed to a specific output without going through the program scan for high speed applications.

They have a signalling horn that you can record a voice onto or use tones, or a combination. I can see it already "DANGER, DANGER, WHY DID YOU PRESS THAT BUTTON? This machine will self destruct in T minus 10, 9, 8" then have the most annoying tone start buzzing in between each count. Picture something like the end of the movie Aliens 2 where Sigourney Weaver set the place to blow up.

Oh yeah, the PanelView 5000 series was OK too! :D

Did anyone else wonder over to fabtech show? I liked the Kuka robot driven by Allen Bradley equipment. I think Fanuc should take notes here.

I found a lot of new stuff to buy.

I liked the new 1756 I/O modules that talk to each other over the backplane a on input can be directed to a specific output without going through the program scan for high speed applications.

Is there an example of this? Whilst I can think of the reasons for it, if the PLC is not going to process anything, why not just go direct anyways?o_O

I am sure there will be a example soon but this is stuff that is not for sale yet. Some is for Q2 and Q3 2012.

It can be one input to multiple outputs and the reverse. If you wire it up direct then it is not flexible. In the plc it can be changed easily. Think retoling for a sluightly different product. Can't do that with hardwiring.