Automation Hardware Buyers

Padraic

Hi everyone, I'm looking for advice on any companies buying used automation hardware.
I'm based here in Ireland and I have some items I used for a college project, AB Compact Logix and assortment of I/O cards, Micrologix 1500 and some I/O cards etc.
I've tried two well known buyers and their offers were so low that I would be easier to just throw the parts in the bin!!

Am I easier to just sell on Ebay?

Regards Padraic.

Ebay is your best bet.
Generally speaking, I have found the used part vendors pay around 10-15% of new price.
IF, it is something that is obsolete, but still popular, they may pay a bit more.

Ebay is your best bet.
Generally speaking, I have found the used part vendors pay around 10-15% of new price.
IF, it is something that is obsolete, but still popular, they may pay a bit more.

With one buyer, there was €10,000 difference in the price they offered me and the price I would pay to buy the same stuff from them.!!!

If you have the time and willingness to sell on eBay, that will get you the biggest profit by a wide margin. Of course, you have to deal with creating and maintaining the listings, shipping, dealing with unhappy buyers, etc.

All the big name PLC buyers will totally lowball you. You're paying for the convenience... just toss the stuff in a box and send it out. They usually pay for shipping too. And they are assuming the risk should the items not sell (although in your case I expect those MicroLogix components will go like hotcakes).

I recently did some selling on eBay after a bit of a hiatus. It seems like it's more of a PITA every time. I don't know if it's different in Europe, but over here they don't use Paypal anymore and they require sellers to link their bank account for direct deposit. Seems normal but then they warn you that they have the right to pull money out whenever they deem that you owe them something. So I decided to open an additional bank account to use with eBay, what a hassle. They're also using some kind of low-functioning "AI" to check listings for errors. I listed one particular brand new item and had a sentence in the description that said something like "This tool is used for..." It wouldn't let me post the listing and gave me some vague error about inaccuracy; after a bunch of messing around I found that it was because I had included the word "used" even though the condition was "new." o_O

With one buyer, there was €10,000 difference in the price they offered me and the price I would pay to buy the same stuff from them.!!!

Guessing Radwell?

I buy and sell a lot... I am getting a lot more selective in what I buy, I use to buy just about anything but do to lack of time I try and only buy what I am currently selling

ebay is a pain but if you have the time its your best bet