Automation of Parallel operation of generators using PLC”

[FONT=times new roman, new york, times, serif] My senior project at undergraduation level is[/FONT] “Automation of Parallel operation of generators using PLC”.
I am serching any helping article regarding this project. I hope you may have some helping articles regarding this project.
If you send me any related article, i will be very thankful to you for this help.
If it is not possible, please help me out at this forum.

Rahmanullah, You need the help of "BobB", a siter user from Australia. Search for User Name "BobB", and send him a message.

welcome to the site
how much control of parallel generators are you attempting.
please state your planned steps. also are you trying for two generators or more?
I understand it is your senior project, but for now, please clarify your aim and basic equipment to be used.
the MFG and type of PLC, although usefull, is not important at this stage.

Electric Power and Research Institute EPRI may be good source of info.

Your local utility may be good source if only to get understanding of how complex this can get. If you are real lucky they may let you manually parallel a unit to grid. That is in a way the easy part (I did it manually always cause we did not have auto synchronizers) but can be difficult enough to contoll automatically.

I second Bob in Australia. I believe he is more expert with diesel plant than with steam or hydro but the principles and control functions are nearly identical.

If this is an assignment then I guess you are stuck. If it is your choice then I recommend a simpler project. The big question already asked is how much of the needed control are you willing to do?

1 rotation direction should be oke
2 voltage should be oke
3 speed should be oke
4 phase should be oke (very difficult to detect (use three relais and put them crossed over from the busbar to the generator. if all three are off then close breaker.

Can I enable, at same time, 3 outputs?
Yes, you can. Make sure the outputs do not have the same address. You could use a "Masked Move" instruction to enable any three outputs in a word address at the same time .

2 voltage should be oke
3 speed should be oke
4 phase should be oke (very difficult to detect (use three relais and put them crossed over from the busbar to the generator. if all three are off then close breaker.

hi shooter, not dsure if this is the best way - that is why the OP needs to come up with the design. he said Automatic parrallel.
this means synchronising the generators not just swithing them. Also the fault shut down system etc.
It is a very large Final Project

2 voltage should be oke
3 speed should be oke

There is a dedicated piece of equipment called an auto synchronizer or a sync check relay. On electrical single lines it is indicated by a 25 or 25a.

The 25a function has been done by a PLC, but it is always backed up by a sync check relay. Most companies including mine still use dedicated relays for this function.

Use generator controllers - you have to consider frequency (speed), phase angle, voltage and then you have to load share - kilowatts = speed and kilovars = voltage. Not fore the faint hearted. I would not even try to do it in a PLC but always use generator controllers.