B&r 4pp420.0571-75 hdmi/ plc

ktmtragic

I have customers that use equipment that uses the B&R touch panel/PLC. One of my customers would like to capture the production statistics and display them elsewhere.
Anyone know where I should start? I have a copy of B&R automation studio but have no experience with it. There are generally 2 screens per production line connected via an Ethernet cable. Would it be possible to install a hub and extract the production stats as they go between PLC's? Any suggestions would be appreciated.
:confused:

Don't know about B&R but...

Beckhoff offers a web interface in some of their PLC's...
They are quite similar brands, it is possible B&R is offering the same.

Apart of that, you could also take a look at any sharing variables interface (in beckhoff they call it ADS) which is what you should use in case you have to end up installing Automation studio in a remote computer.

I would definitely try to use the first option, then you would only need to adapt the programs in your current devices to make all the heavy lifting and put the desired values on the shared variables that would be shown in your web interface. Doing that would mean that any pc in your company could access those data.

Good luck, and sorry for that too much vague information... I hope at least it will help you to find the way.