B&R ACOPOS 1016 drive

tjntjntjn

Hello,
Does anybody have experience with ACOPOS drives?
One of the machines at my plant uses B&R system with three ACOPOS 1016 drives. All three drives get power from the same circuit breaker (3PH, 240V). One of them started faulting out with either 7200 fault code (overvoltage) or 7211 (DC bus voltage dip). I would suspect main incoming power but since all three drives are on the same circuit and only one drive keeps faulting out I assumed that the drive is bad, so I replaced it. After that I get error 32014 (Operating system version on the drive not compatible with NC manager). I've heard that operating system, parameters, etc. on the drive should get updated automatically during system boot up (correct me if I'm wrong) but that does not happen. So, my question is: How to manually update operating system on ACOPOS 1016 drive, so it can talk/be seen to the PLC?
Thank you

Hi there,

Used a lot of these drives, and in my experience too they tend to be very sensitive for mains power.
I usually add and set a certain Acopos parameter (can't remember exactly, 80 or 81 'Ignore_Phase..' (??) true in the parameter-table).

Acopos
Indeed, all parameters and settings are supplied from the PLC at start-up. So it's possible to pick one clean-from-the-box, install it and use it.
But the drive still has firmware which is not loaded at start-up.

What's the Powerlink interface card you're using in the drives (AC112 or AC114) ?
I know that older Acopos drives need a firmware update to be able to work with AC114 Powerlink cards.

Kind regards.