Babel

briana banks

Then:
According to Genesis 11:1-9, mankind, after the deluge, travelled from the mountain of the East, where the ark had rested, and settled in 'a plain in the land of Shinar' (or Sennar). Here, they attempted to build a city and a tower whose top might reach unto Heaven - the Tower of Babel - but God miraculously confounded the languages of those who were working at its building so that they could not understand each other, and the project failed.

Now:
According to Microsoft 11:1-9, computer geeks, after the win 3.11, travelled from the mountain of the East, where the ark had rested, and settled in 'a plain in the land of Seatle' . Here, they attempted to build a new operating system and a new platform so good so its top might reach unto Heaven - the .NET framework - but God miraculously confounded the programming languages of those who were working at its building so that they could not understand each other, and the project failed.

The hype over Java was also on the same order of magnitude as the Tower of Babel.

I run an app that takes 12 minutes additional time to install .net 2.0 if it hasn't already been installed on the PC.

I can't figure out what .net does, maybe something to do with continual, dynamic browser updates, where the HMI page refreshes automatically in a browser window?
Dan