Backup and Restore Ft View Distributed

bornwild

The Distributed Application Manager was added in version 8.1. Now, it is all that is needed for backup and restore of distributed applications.

The HMI Backup tool was used prior to version 8.1. The backup within the FactoryTalk Console is also not needed anymore, but it can still be used as a stand-alone means to backup just the FactoryTalk Directory (FTD).

Why are there so many restore options? A FT view SE distributed application may contain more than one HMI Server. The backup tool will create a full backup of the application. When I restore, I might not want to restore the entire application.

I might want to restore one HMI and not any other parts of the application. Likewise, I might want to restore the application but not the FactoryTalk Directory. Restoring the directory would overwrite my user accounts and policies. Maybe I don't want to do that. So, you can restore the application with or without the directory.

I'm not sure about the security identifier option. I haven't looked into that.

OG