FTView Studio Backup and Restore Process

Sham

Hi all,

How do you all do the backup/restore of the SCADA project? I have been using "HMI Server Backup and Restore", but now that process is looking flaky. Some of the old files still stay, so I have to now actually delete the contents of "SCADA Server" folder, restart the machine, and then do the restore.

Any documents available on the recommended process how to do that?

Thanks

Goggle >> FTView Studio Backup and Restore Process
115, 000 results, including threads this site as well as a Rockwell vid.

Rockwell has a new tool for backing up FT View SE "Network" applications.

With version 8.1 there is a new tool called the Distributed Application Manager that can be used to backup and restore v8.1 and newer Network type applications. However, if you are using a "Local" type application then you still use the existing Application Manager tool to perform a backup/restore.

With version 11.0 that tool was renamed as the FactoryTalk View SE Application Manager and it now can manage both Local and Network type applications.

If your application is older than version 8.1 then you must continue to use that old HMI Backup tool. But hopefully you'll be able to use the new tool as it is a huge improvement (my opinion). If you have a TechConnect contract with Rockwell, there is a tech note that walks through a pretty thorough process.

https://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/app/answers/answer_view/a_id/55703/loc/en_US#__highlight

OG

Last edited: