FTView Studio tags

ceilingwalker

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello all. I am trying to establish my connections in FTView Studio. Normally, after I have set up my offline tag file in communication setup I then create an action object, under "Connections" in the properties dialog box, I select the "..." under the "Tag" heading and it brings up my tags. I haven't done this using VMWare before, this is my first time. When I do, it just sits. It won't allow me to do anything more so I end up hitting escape after a while and then I just close the dialog box. When I verify the processor in coms setup it gives me the thumbs up so I am not sure why it doesn't open the tags db for me to select. Is this common with the use of VMWare? It's the only place I have seen it. Thank you

On your VM check if you had at sometime set it up for dual monitors, or enable unity and check, it happened to me the tags screen was getting open on my second monitor even if I had only one at the moment :D

When I have seen this in the past it turned out the tag window was opening off-screen where my second monitor would have displayed it.

If you have a second monitor available, you might see the same thing.

If you don't have access, then you'll need to move the window manually so it appears on-screen. When the window would be open click ALT +SPACEBAR. Then press "M" and you can use the arrow keys on your keyboard to move the active window.

OG

EDIT: RAYBRITO typed faster :)