Bandwidth and Integrator Bandwidth

dvanovec

Hi guys, would someone please help me to understand and explain what are settings bandwidth and integrator bandwidth do with my servo in positioning?
I need my servo to reach a position in Z axis 1600.0 but it always goes in 1590.3 which is also pretty good but is there a way to make it closer to my destinated point?
I've tried to change Integrator bandwidth from 0.0 to 0.2 but do not have any idea if it will somehow affect the servo running.
Thanks a lot!
1710772389212.png

What controller are you using? Rockwell doesn't use units like that.
In any case a bandwidth of 0.2 Hz is very low. Try 10 Hz. You should start seeing the errors close.. Increment slowly. You haven't provided any data about your motor and load.
The total Bandwidth of 45 Hz may be OK if it is a massive system.

A frequency is the inverse of a time constant. Most PLC use integrator time constants. In your case a 0.2 Hz bandwidth is the same as a 5 sec time constant. It will take 5 time constants to reduce the error which is 25 seconds which is a long time for position control.

Most motion controllers have an integrator gain which has units of %output/(error*seconds). In other words, your motion controller is not standard.

What controller are you using? Rockwell doesn't use units like that.
In any case a bandwidth of 0.2 Hz is very low. Try 10 Hz. You should start seeing the errors close.. Increment slowly. You haven't provided any data about your motor and load.
The total Bandwidth of 45 Hz may be OK if it is a massive system.

A frequency is the inverse of a time constant. Most PLC use integrator time constants. In your case a 0.2 Hz bandwidth is the same as a 5 sec time constant. It will take 5 time constants to reduce the error which is 25 seconds which is a long time for position control.

Most motion controllers have an integrator gain which has units of %output/(error*seconds). In other words, your motion controller is not standard.
Hello, thank you for answering my questions, I sent you a private message, if you do not mind to reply I would be more than grateful.