Barcode-Micro logic 1100

Terry Boblitt

I haven't any dealings with this so any help to get me on the right track will be greatly appreciated.
Will be using a Micro logic 1100/channel 0. I will be working with 9 basic barcodes. The first 2 letters will never change and that's what I'm looking for. They indicate the color of of the part.

Example-1----FAA453298J
Example-2----FBA410781M
Example-3----FCC14567JJ
Example-4----FDA23678FI
Example-5----FED87634LL
Example-6----FFD786543J
Example-7----FAA410781M
Example-8----FHA345781M
Example-9----FID789323Y

If I scan example 3--the FC would indicate the color LOW CHAR and I would want to place #1 into interger file N7:3

If I scan example #4--the FD would indicate the color RED and I would place a 2 into interger file N7:3.
So any help to get me started would be appreciated.

Thanks Terry :geek:

We assume your example 7 is a typo. (FG)

1 FAxxxxx
2.FBxxxxx
Etc..
Scan you label
Use AEX ASCII String Extract to pull the first two characters
Then
Use ASR ASCII String compare against you static database two-character string to set a Boolean OTE as a "MATCH" for your process

We assume your example 7 is a typo. (FG)

1 FAxxxxx
2.FBxxxxx
Etc..
Scan you label
Use AEX ASCII String Extract to pull the first two characters
Then
Use ASR ASCII String compare against you static database two-character string to set a Boolean OTE as a "MATCH" for your process

Try this, assuming received string in ST9:0 extract second character (has ASCII value - eg 'A' = 65) into N7:0, then subtract 65 to get 0 - whatever in N7:1.

BST MOV ST9:0.DATA[1] N7:0 NXB SUB N7:0 65 N7:1 BND

Thanks for the post-I do appreciate--it was a typo.

Waiting on the Keyence rep. to stop in so we can purchase a scanner and any other hardware we will need. Like I said I've haven't had any dealings with barcode--just wanting to learn.

Thanks Terry:p