Basic Electrical Class

VJTX

I need to give a basic electrical class to our mechanics. Anyone have any suggestions on book or dvd? thanks. (Injection molding machines)

(16) Maintenance Electrician--An individual, licensed as a maintenance electrician, who works under the general supervision of a master electrician, on behalf of an electrical contractor, or employing governmental entity while performing “Electrical Maintenance Work” as defined in paragraph (17).

(17) Electrical Maintenance Work--The replacement, or repair of existing electrical appurtenances, apparatus, equipment, machinery, or controls used in connection with the use of electrical energy in, on, outside, or attached to a building, residence, structure, property, or premises. All replacements or repairs must be of the same rating and type as the existing installation. No improvements may be made that are necessary to comply with applicable codes under Texas Occupations Code, Chapter 1305. Electrical maintenance work does not include the installation of any new electrical appurtenances, apparatus, equipment, machinery, or controls beyond the scope of any existing electrical installation.
http://www.tdlr.state.tx.us/electricians/elecrules.htm#r7322
http://www.tdlr.state.tx.us/electricians/eleclaw.htm#l1305158
Sec. 1305.158. Maintenance Electrician.

An applicant for a license as a maintenance electrician must:

(1) have at least 8,000 hours of on-the-job training under the supervision of a master electrician or maintenance electrician; and

(2) pass a maintenance electrician examination administered under this chapter.

Are you sure you want to take on the liability for this?