Basic PID question (Logix5000)

busarider29

Lifetime Supporting Member
Greetings from Michigan,

I want to use a PID instruction to control simple oil flow in one of our machines, that obviously uses an oil pump and flow meter. Am I required to scale the SP, PV, and CV from engineering units to -32768/+32767 (if using INTs), and then at least some of these values get entered in the scaling tab of the PID configuration?

The existing code does not use a PID instruction to control the flow, but instead uses timers and comparison instructions. The Flow_SP and Flow_PV are in engineering units throughout.

Thanks,
D

Similar Topics

I'm kicking around revisiting an idea I had a few years back. I have very little programming experience, just from school a few years ago. I had...
Replies
Views
I am fairly new to GE Fanuc 90-30 PLC’s. I have 18 PLC units all connected on a network. I have very little communication between my various...
Replies
Views
A simple PID simulator for my first steps with Python, might come in handy for some demos https://github.com/Destination2Unknown/PythonPID_Simulator
Replies
Views
In the HVAC field I have seen many controls technicians and integrators struggle for hours on end trying to get various PID loops tuned in for...
Replies
Views
Hey guys I was just making a basic program for some game thing I was tryin out. I havent writ a plc program in probally a year so Im a little...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom