Beckhoff PLC help

Ranjith

I have a Beckhoff CP6202 IPC connected to a Beckhoff remote rack via Ethercat. I believe iPC is the PLC master and communicates with the remote rack using Ethercat. When power up Ethercat error comes up on the iPC and few other errors related to analog signals used for heating controllers. I have not used Beckhoff previously and it seems PLC is not going into run mode at start up. I cannot see any of the outputs turn on or all the thermocouples actual temp reading shows 0. I think the iPC is communicating with the remote rack otherwise all the numeric values will show ???? on the iPC. What software do I need to connect to the PLC and monitor the status. Any help would be much appreciated. I also have attached some photos here.
Thanks

2012-12-14 20.53.48.jpg 2012-12-14 20.41.44.jpg 2012-12-14 20.38.04.jpg 2012-12-14 20.35.59.jpg

Hi Ranjith
If you have been speaking with Damian Zarro - he has asked me to chase this for you.
Pleaase confirm as this is the Info I have been asking for
contact www.beckhoff.com.au - they need this info and will give you a local integrator
otherwise I can see you on Wednesday
- I dont know if it is you but ifso please confirm.

the contact at Beckhoff is Rakitha de Alwis

Last edited:
there are no slaves, only substations.
in the IPC should be a codesys (twincat ) program running.
check first if program is running
then check if IP address is correct (all should start with same numbers.
check if you have network (do a ping to a sub) or by starting a browser.
in the browser type in one of the subs ip addresses.
check if program is in run mode and not in simulation.

Thanks Both of you.
How do you find sub station IP address? I have managed to find IPC IP. Ping test ok to iPC. Can you monitor/change the PLC mode thru web browser?
IANT Probably the customer have called Beckhoff direct for help. It's called BEV plastics in Braeside. I have converted a couple of his machines to PLC (AB) . Beckhoff is new to me.

Ah now I know
Beckhoff is an industrial PC PLC system - I have seen the smaller versions though,
very good for large scale data movement and I would say very competative with high end AB.
However poor product support in MELB. 3~6 weeks for parts sso no good for quick project design

after further investigation - this is the same company
I'll leave it in your capable hands