Beckhoff Servo Drive

JOLTRON

Lifetime Supporting Member
In the project and system manager below, I am trying to find out where the data is actually sent to the press as far as distance and speed.

I have tried to trace it back but have hit a dead end.
In the MAIN prog Line 0068 there is a:
fbPress_MoveAbsolute(Execute:=StartPressing, Position:=Position1 , Velocity:=Velocity1 , Acceleration:=3000 , Deceleration:=1100 , Jerk:= 710, Axis:=Nc_Plc [1], Done=>PressMoveDone);

when you hover over fbPress_MoveAsolute it shows a popup with MC_MoveAbsolute.

I cannot find these items anywhere in the program or system manager. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
-Joel

It is very possible. I have 2 in red that I cannot view. I may have to go copy them fromt the machine and put them on my laptop. I'll have to look up how the libraries work. Are they kinda like subroutines?

Thanks Archie,

P.S. I have been watching some of you you tube videos to help me with this project. Very helpful!!!!

OK now this is really weird. Twice I have gone to the machine copied the LIB file from the PLC folder, put it on a memory stick, and when I plug it into my laptop the file is empty.

I guess I'll try again unless there is something that prohibits the copying of the LIB folder

Finally got the Libraries copied to my laptop.

Now I do see the MC_MoveAbsolute.

Now my 2 questions are:
Are libraries treated as subroutines?

In the variable declartion area above the programing window you create your variables then define what type they are, one of mine is of type NCTOPLC_AXLESTRUCT instead of bool,int etc... Where do I find what all this contains? I don't see it under data types. Is this another item I will have to copy from the machine on the floor to be able to fully see the program on my laptop?

Joltron,

I can answer the first one.

Libraries are a collection of function blocks that you can use in your code. Basic ones are items such as r_trig and ton. They are basic building blocks of your code.

If you have repetetive code across several devices you can create your own function blocks and save them into the library folder so you can add them in with the library manager, saving you plenty of time typing in the same code. This worked for me recently when automating lots of sets of gates that all worked in the same way.

If I had to make any changes whilst testing, I just changed the original code and by opening the various gate programs containing the function block it would be updated ready for download to the PLC.

You declare only the function blocks you are using in your declaration window.

Jon.

Where do I find what all this contains? I don't see it under data types. Is this another item I will have to copy from the machine on the floor to be able to fully see the program on my laptop?
Not sure if this is what you are wanting, but the Library Manager gives a lot of information about the function blocks. If source is available in a library, you can open the libary file directly.

LibManager.jpg

Thanks for all the help so far Archie,

Maybe you can help me out with this issue also.

I watched your video on for the quick start hopeing it would help me but my new issue is:

I have a pre-existing program and system manager and I'm looking to add some inputs to it. I add them to global VAR as IRamForceCylProx AT %IX22.7:BOOL;
then save and rebuild.
But it doesn't show up in the system manager. Tried appending but it says runtime is already in place, tried Re-scan but it still doesn't show newly added items. Any idea????

Thanks,

I have a pre-existing program and system manager and I'm looking to add some inputs to it. I add them to global VAR as IRamForceCylProx AT %IX22.7:BOOL;
then save and rebuild.
But it doesn't show up in the system manager.
Did you possibly rename the program in PLC Control and not change the file System Manager points to? Also the program must Build without any errors before it updates the symbol file that System Manager uses.

Ah, Thanks. The system manager was pointing to the PLC file but I had the program in My Documents folder. Also just noticed the output window at the bottom that lists any errors in the program. Finally got her going, thanks. (y) A little bit of a learning curve with this stuff :nodi: