BECKHOFF - Two Controller variable exchange??

klikopc

Hi guys!

Does anyone know how to share variables between two BECKHOFF controllers e.g.: BC to BC, BC to CX, BX to Twincat,... ????

I have a system with a BX9000 controller, then in the same building i need to add another controller(BC or BX)!
The two controllers need to exchange variables(temperature, humidity,...).

How is this done?

That's exactly what I need! Thanks JesperMP!

I have the controllers on ethernet!
Do I need a router to connect the two controllers or can I set their ADS IP addresses to STATIC and connect them to each other directly(with a switch, not a router)?

I am not the big expert on Beckhoff, but I cannot see why a router should be necessary.
I am guessing that "normal" TCP/IP rules apply. Quite simply the two controllers must be able to reach each other by the IP address.

JesperMP is correct, you can use ADS Read or ADS Write on either end of the link, as long as the devices have IP connectivity to one another, the function blocks will work.

The Function Blocks for ADS Read and write on the BX controller are called ADSREADEX and ADSWRITE, they are included in the TcSystemBX.lbx file that is built into TwinCAT PLC.

I've started a TwinCAT Developers Group on LinkedIn; there are now over 340 members, some of whom have heaps of Beckhoff and TwinCAT knowledge.

Please join it if you think it will be useful: http://******/96szRZ