Beginner-Siemens S7 counter-Ladder

tee

Hi,
I am a complete beginner with PLCs - so please forgive my ignorance.
System: Siemens S7-313C
Programming: Step 7 Ladder Diagram
1. How to you know the available counters?
2. How to you know which reference/label to use?

If possible, could someone provide a walk through for an "Up Counter" that counts to 10?

Thanks,
Tee

Hi,

Thanks for he answers!
Hopefully might start making some progress now.

Cheers,
Tee

The help file within Simatic Manager is excellent so you can click on any programming element (ie. up counter) and press F1.

You'll see a description of the element, what inputs etc it needs, and also some examples of its use to get you going.

This obviously applies to all the other programming elements too..

Similar Topics

Hi I have just started using Siemens S7 PLC for a mechatronics degree. I have used Matushita PLCs before but I am having difficulty with Siemens...
Replies
Views
Hello All, I am looking for an absolute beginners guide to programming in STL. I am just starting out with SIEMENS PLC's. CPU's that I will be...
Replies
Views
Hey fellas, We just bought a used machine that's run by an S7-300. Our facility, however. is all AB, so our plan is to convert. I have a copy...
Replies
Views
hello i am learning PLC techniques.but i need to use the free simulator on this site but unable to find a way out on how to run it. i need to...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Writng a FB in ST on Beckhoff TC for a pulser which turns on and off on a cycle, is paused by turning bControlInput to FALSE, but resumes...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom