Benefits and limitations of Chosen PLC

Watch it, you are stepping on my toes now! I went through engineering school using a slide rule because calculators were not invented yet! Just kidding, you are right that a person has to learn the new tools, and I hung up my slide rule in the closet long ago. I still have it there---just in case.
As a matter of fact, because I like math a lot (I'm not normal I guess) and I've never learned how to use a slide rule, I have bought some (second-hand) books about slide rules. Unfortunately, this is only out of personal interest, and I'm over my head in professional work, so I'll have to wait some time. Luckily I retire in about 14 years, if they don't change the rules...

Kind regards,

Jean Pierre a very good point. The people in academia are out of touch with the real world and many don't work very hard.
There is a math prof here that starts every class with a random chapter, it's up to the student to read and get help.
As a consequence every day I see young engineers who have no clue.

I use my slide rule in class once in a while. It always starts a great conversation.