Best PC for Programming

I have the Dell Lat E6500 as well.

I have a keyspan USB/Serial converter and that seems to work with everything I have tried.

I bought the AB 9300-USBS as well just so if I had problems they would not be able to blame the keyspan.

Good Luck

Marc

I have a Lenovo ThinkPad T500, no comm ports but its totally bullet proof. I use a pcmcia to serial adapter I got on ebay for 10 bucks, works great.

As Peter mentioned earlier, I also agree that smaller is better. I have a Dell Latitude D630 with the extended life battery, but this model is no longer made. Unfortunately, it seems the only Dell with a serial port is the E5500, which looks like it may be the largest laptop Dell has ever made. If you can afford them, most of the Panasonic Toughbook laptops have serial ports. I don't know much more about them.