Bit Shift help

gappvembe

This is a machine that drops a cup, fills it with fruit, then juice, puts a lid on it, heat seals it, and cuts off the excess lid, and then sends it on its way. When the machine stops or they want to run it out, it's supposed to know when the last cup is and only turns on the necessary components during the last cycle.

What's happening is the the shift register isn't moving. [LAD 10]
Bit 0 = B3:31/0 will come on and off, but it doesn't shift and I can not figure out why.
I backtracked to see what makes the thing work and I found my way to N:7/1 which is the TEST for the BIT SHIFTER to operate (this is my understanding). Following that back it led me to [LAD3] RUNGS 0001-0003. Rung 0001 has the instruction ADD I:2.1 with N:7/14 to get N:7/1. I saw I:2.1 #'s changing (I believe it's and encoder), so that seemed fine. What I didn't see was N:7/1 changing. Looking at ladder 0003 it is all zeros. So I was a bit confused why it was there. When I watched the machine run, I didn't see I:4/11 (Zero Position Sensor) light up the rung when I was online every cycle. So that was my first thought to look there. Again I'm not sure why this is important, but it was the only thing I have come up with so far. Well on my PC while ONLINE with the machine, I did not see the sensor light up every time. I did however see the sensor light up (has an LED). Also I saw it on the PLC, light up. So I guess that shoots my theory out of the water.
Now I don't know where to look.
Help would be much appreciated.

Never mind.
My boss didn't really grasp what was going on. So I'm looking for something that isn't working, actually everything is working fine.
I don't blame him though, the line supervisor said it wasn't working right and my boss didn't grasp the concept of the BIT SHIFT on the screen. There area a series of ones and zeros on the screen, when you shut off the cup dispenser (first in the sequence) for how many times the machine cycles there will be that many zeros. As I sat here and wrote out the above, my boss was telling me its not going through the whole sequence. I thought about it and I came to the realization that it's not supposed to until something is shut off, not when the thing is running like normal.
ARGGG!
At least nothings wrong.

Excuse my ramblings.

DELETE THIS THREAD NO NEED.

Never mind...
DELETE THIS THREAD NO NEED.

No need to delete the thread.

A year from now you may run into the same problem.
The Boss will say the same thing about the shift register. :rolleyes:
You might not remember the details, but you will remember that you asked about it on PLCS.net.
You will do a search, and up pops this thread with your answer.
Now you can go back to the boss and show him, or her how smart you are. :D