Bool to DINT

Ones_Zeros

Hello
I have two Bool data type tags located in the "Program Tags" under the Main Program routine. These tags are internal memory tags.

How would be the best way to create these same tags and configure them in the "Controller Tags" so these tags can be Messaged over to another PLC.
The Bool tags would need to be converted or copied to a DINT so they can be MSG.

I appreciate the help

ProgramTags.JPG

Simply create a controller-scoped DINT, then in your program add a rung for each bit that uses an XIC of the bool to an OTE of an individual bit in the DINT. Then MSG the DINT.

I think i follow you
Do you mind to please post an example?

Since its the OTE bit that i need to be a DINT and the OTE bit lives in the "Program Tags" and the DINT will be in the "Controller Tags" so that I can MSG it over to a different PLC I want to make sure I understand

thanks again

Last edited:
The individual DINT bit values are controlled by the BOOLs which you use as XIC (as long as you don't write to the DINT anywhere else).

ScopeExample.png