Brake resistor for SEW Movidrive in Horizontal movement application

hill831017

Hello everybody,

Finallly got some free time to write down the problem confuse me long time.

Our hardward design department got information from SEW for horizontal movememt device is not necessary to connect brake resistor to the Movidrive.

But acturally it's not running very well on the real site. Some Movidrive all time alraming for 'Break Chopper' fault. Firstlly I trust the information we got form SEW, I checked all connection, try to let all drive in the same speed, reduce the frequency, increase the ramp......... but after all try out , only connecting a brake resistor, then it's running well.

Strange thing is for some kinds of motor and Movidrive combination are all time OK. But for some are not.

Anyone met such case before.

BR

you can take off the brake resistor with the same motor and go to the parametrs of brake application and give it more tolerance, the drive will not have any fault.

some parameter like following:

P324/P334 Slip compensation 1/2

Setting range: 0 - 500 rpm

The value of the matching motor is set as the factory setting.

Only effective in VFC, VFC-n control and U/f operating modes. Slip compensation increases the speed accuracy of the motor. If values are entered manually, you will have to enter the rated slip of the connected motor. A setting range of +/- 20 % of the rated slip is permitted if a value other than the rated slip is entered to compensate for fluctuations between various motors.