Bulk search and replace 48 IO cards with Binary files due to missing IO?

rollex

I am currently making large modifications to a plant SLC500 PLC with 48 IO cards, I however only have access to a SLC500 with zero cards to do my development on.

To complete my testing I am trying to search and replace all IO references eg I:1/125 with a complimentary B101:/125 reference.

The issue I am coming across is I:1/125 (what is shown in the ladder progam) is the same as I:1.7/13, eg I should replace all references to I:1/125 with B101:7/13

The issue is when I do a search and replace for I:1/* -> B101:1/* it replaces I:1.7/13 with B101:1/13, eg it loses the number 7 reference.

I could do 31 manual search and replaces eg:
I:1.1/* to B101:1/*
I:1.2/* to B101:2/*
I:1.7/* to B101:7/*

However with 48 IO cards this will be extremely painful, the other option is I export the ladder program to a *.SLC text file where it correctly dumps the IO address as I:1.7/13 however then I cannot copy the descriptions as well which makes development very difficult.

Is there any way around the major faults that occur when IO is missing, or a way to bulk search and replace a large amount of IO references at once?

Thanks

Just sort of thinking out loud: Export the database to Excel and try the search & replace there then bring it back.

Just sort of thinking out loud: Export the database to Excel and try the search & replace there then bring it back.

Yeah tried various exports and realised the only way to have confidence is to replace every IO card entry in a single search and replace, it will take about 12 hours but that is only a small amount of hours in the budget so it is what I will do, I am seriously surprised no one has come up with a tool for this though as it must be a common adventure :(