Bus Sytems In Hazardous Areas

Jim Davie

Can anyone give me some advice on running Profibus or DeviceNet through hazardous areas. Is it true to say that as long as the field equipment is rated for the area it operates in it's only necessary to barrier the bus cable as it leaves the safe area as you would do for every signal on multicores with traditionaly wired I/O. :)

Thanks In Advance

The answer to your question maybe different from country to country, but there are products that have a gateway to profi or devecinet and are intrinsically safe I/O networks, here's a link to one of them
InterlinkBT

Similar Topics

Hi folks, I have a Controllogix in communication with a zigbee coordinator using Logix AIO for modbus tcp. This zigbee coordinator have 3 slaves...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm setting up a modbus master on an S7-300. It seems to work in OB1 but not when I use it in OB35. Does anyone have any ideas why? Could...
Replies
Views
Anyone know of a cheap foundation fieldbus communicator? Something like the USB 8486 H1, but one that does not cost $3k? Thanks, Trevor EDIT: I...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, i was hoping for a little help with this module. i have data that needs to be read from a different plc through the Modbus plus...
Replies
Views
I have a PH meter that I am trying to bring its data into 1756-L81. I have downloaded the Rockwell MODBUS AOI kit, but I am not sure if I need to...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom