Cable PC Adapter to CPU (S7-300)

jara

Hello Everybody
I´m looking for pinout for cable PC-Adapter to CPU
I have bought in ebay only the PC-Adapter USB, now I need the cable for comunication, I was thinking that I could do it, but I don´t know the pinout, anyone have a layout?
adf036.png

Thanks

A very rough sketch I use if I need to make a very long PC Adaptor cable for permanent installation on site.
I find there is no need to connect together the connector bodies although they are connected in the Siemens supplied cable.

Just to clarify. This is cable between PC Adaptor and the PC.

PC Adapter Cable.jpg

Last edited:
jara said:
I´m looking for pinout for cable PC-Adapter to CPU
John Gaunt said:
Just to clarify. This is cable between PC Adaptor and the PC.
It seems there's some misunderstanding here. OP is talking about the cable between the PC Adaptor and the CPU, or in other words, the PLC.

The cable between PC and PC Adapter is indeed a null modem cable, if you're talking about an ordinary RS232 PC adapter. OP is talking about a USB PC adapter.

The cable between the PC Adapter and the PLC is a simple MPI connection. So straight through from A to A and B to B. I don't have the pin numbers at hand here, but I'm sure if you search the forum, you'll find them.

Kind regards,

Thank you very much for your answer

The cable between the PC Adapter and the PLC is a simple MPI connection. So straight through from A to A and B to B. I don't have the pin numbers at hand here, but I'm sure if you search the forum, you'll find them.
Kind regards,

Yes, Mr Jvcande, that is what I was looking for.

I found here this thread http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=10375
B 3-3
A 8-8

Thanks you!