Calculate Average Flow Rate

Critt

I'm working on an application where I need to calculate the average incoming flow into a wet well cell for the past 30 mins by tracking the rate of level increase in the cell.

The wet well has ultra sonic level transducers so I know the level of the cell. Unfortunately I don't have flow meters on the incoming pipes.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Assuming the pump isn't running it is very simple. Volume is the change in height x plan area of the wet well. One cubic foot = 7.48 gallons. Flow rate = gallons/30minutes = gpm

If the pump is running and you have a flow meter on it then the flow rate is the algebraic sum of the pump flow rate and the change in level.

If you have two level switches turning the pump on and off then all you need is a timer. The change in volume divided by the time between pump off and pump on is the flow rate.