Calculate flow from pulse flow meter

450 pulse/h is no problem for a input card.

A PLC can lose input signals from flow meters if the pulses are too short or less than scan time. So if the pulse is shorter than the scantime in the PLC you have a problem

I have experienced this on a project where the pulses were shorter than the PLC scan time so we lost the measurement. The solution was to mount Weidmuller MCZ timers on 150ms on signals. Weidmuller MCZ timers available in both 50 and 150 ms version.

450 pulse/h is no problem for a input card.

A PLC can lose input signals from flow meters if the pulses are too short or less than scan time. So if the pulse is shorter than the scantime in the PLC you have a problem

I have experienced this on a project where the pulses were shorter than the PLC scan time so we lost the measurement. The solution was to mount Weidmuller MCZ timers on 150ms on signals. Weidmuller MCZ timers available in both 50 and 150 ms version.

That's fine for local I/O. If your input is on a remote I/O link, then the asynchronous I/O update scan must also be considered in order to determine the worst-case status update scenario. Either way you look at it, a typical DC input will read transitions at a faster rate than can typically be seen within the PLC program logic. That's why PLCs offer High Speed Counter modules. That said, it is true that not every pulse counting application requires an HSC module.