calculate flow rate @ 13mA

The square root is taken on the percentage of full span, where full span is assumed to be 100% or 1.00

To determine the percentage of span of the flow at 13.0mA:
13mA - 4mA = 9mA
9/16 = 0.5626 = 56.25% span of 4-20mA

By design, 80"w.c. = 6.0gpm flow = 100% flow for this DP element.

sq rt of 56.25% = sq rt of 0.5625 = 0.75 = 75.0% of max flow at 6.0gpm = 4.5gpm.

Dan

@ goodoboy slightly off topic but what book are you using to prep for you PE exam? im planning to take one soon and was wondering if you can reference me the book information?

@ goodoboy slightly off topic but what book are you using to prep for you PE exam? im planning to take one soon and was wondering if you can reference me the book information?

Sure,

I am using the books on the attachment. I have nailed it down to only using the following for main Instrumentation and Control Systems study:

Instrumentation for Process Measurement & Control – 3rd Edition Anderson
The Condensed Handbook of Measurement and Control
Control Systems Engineer Technical Reference Handbook

I would say start preparing early. I only have about 5 years of experience so I have to lot to study.

Thanks goodoboy for the info, 2 more questions for you
For the questions in the book does it have a solution for the problems with detailed how to's or does it simply show you the answer

Second what are the requirements to take the PE exam besides studying for it??

Thanks goodoboy for the info, 2 more questions for you
For the questions in the book does it have a solution for the problems with detailed how to's or does it simply show you the answer

Second what are the requirements to take the PE exam besides studying for it??

Sure, go here for the requirements: http://engineers.texas.gov/lic_basic.htm

I am using Anderson book to answer questions. It just has answers only.

The other books has solutions and step by step how to solve them.

I am using those three books, I showed you. And I have about 4-5 practice exams with step by step solutions.

They have study guides at ISA and a review course.

Are you Control Systems Engineer?

@goodoboy yes I'am a controls engineer I just took a look at the requirements and I must say its a lot of requirements

@goodoboy yes I'am a controls engineer I just took a look at the requirements and I must say its a lot of requirements

If you have an engineering degree, then all the rest if finding PE license people you worked with or currently work with to sign off for you.

If you have 4 yrs of experience and have someone to sign off on your experience, its not too hard. Its just a process.

The next exam is Oct 2013, and I think the deadline has passed.

see thats the thing, i work for a privately owned controls company, and i doubt anyone at my job has a PE license. To get someone to sign off, doesn't the individual have to have a PE License, and do you have to work 4years under their supervision or accumulating 4 years of work at your controls job is enough??

see thats the thing, i work for a privately owned controls company, and i doubt anyone at my job has a PE license. To get someone to sign off, doesn't the individual have to have a PE License, and do you have to work 4years under their supervision or accumulating 4 years of work at your controls job is enough??

First, the rules vary from state to state. Second, even in states like Texas that have the requirement for references by a PE can make allowances when that is not possible. Contact your state licensing board and present your dilemma to them.

I strongly encourage engineering licensing, and in some fields it is mandatory for success and advancement. Please pursue the license aggressively. However, if you are working in an industry that doesn't have any PEs around then not having a license may not be a career killer.

Tom,

I just noticed you're 5 short of 5,000 posts. I might miss the 5,000th, so I'll offer congrats in advance.

Dan