Can Any One Help

neil3314

Hello
I am new to the forum and new to PLC.
I am trying to program a simulation on LogixPRO but having no luck in figuring it out.
Heres what i am trying.
Each time a input is pressed the corresponding output is activated along with the one before and the one after in the line and then have them stay on for lets say 2mins befor going off.
But if the next input in the line is pressed befor the timer has ran out, then its corresponding output will active along with the next one in the line and the one befor and they will stay on for 2min.

Say i have 6 push Button inputs (I:0to I:5)and 6 LED output(O:0toO:5). if i push Lets say I:2 then O:1,O:2 and O:3 will come on for say 2mins befor going out but if i push I:3
when the timer is on 1min O:2, O:3 and O:4 come on for 2mins.
so from thereO:1 will still go out 1min befor the rest.
can this be done? and if so what is nthe best solution.
Thank you to any one that can Help.
Neil

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum!
You are already started with the program by defining what you want to do. Build a framework type program to begin. 1st, build rungs for each input to start a timer. Put a TT (Timer Timing) bit in parallel with the input. Next, build 6 output rungs (one for each output) with the TT bits from the timer matching the input # before it, the timer matching the input # and the timer matching the input # after it in parallel on each individual output rung. Of course, light O:0 is the light after light O:5 in order for the logic to wrap around. That should be be enough to get you started. Since this is a learning experience for you, I will not post any sample code unless you have trouble understanding what I am saying.

Last edited:
There will be tons of solution and it will be difficult to say what the "best" solution is.

I assume this is school work, so why don't you show what you got. Any partial attempts are fine and we will help you learn.

Please zip and attach your solution or print it to a .pdf file and attach that. The Attach files can be found by using the Go Advanced button near the bottom of the page.

Last edited: