can i reset the system refrence in ge 90-30

jcp

Hi friends;
i used the %SC0014,%SA0003,%SA0014,%SC0010,SC0011, SA 0009.
can i reset these bits by using as
%SC0010
--||-------------------------------------(s)%M0001
%I0001
--||-------------------------------------(r)%SC0010
Regards

Those bits are set by the CPU when it detects fault conditions. They are reset by the CPU when the fault condition is corrected. Why would you want to turn any of them off?

You have a PLC available to experiment with. I suggest you see for yourself if what you ask is possible.

HI;
sir i want that fault table is reset by the reset button. i do not want that the customer go online and clear the fault tables plc and I/0.specially these two bits %SC0010 and 0011.
regards

Hi sir;
I am new with ge plc. i read the SVC_REQ # 14. FNC is the constant which we want to use the service. But PARM confusing me. If i write %R0001 or may be i write %R 0012then is it clear the tables? where from i found the begning address? please give me simple example to understand the PARM?
Regards

GFK-0467M, page 12-59 explains the operation of SVC_REQ #14 and also shows an example.

In general the "PARM" node of the function defines the starting address of the parameter(s) associated associated with the specific instance of the function. For some SVC_REQ codes (including #14) there is only a single %R register. For others there are more than one %R register.

For SVC_REQ code #14 the value in the %R register assigned at the PARM node defines which fault table to clear. If the value is zero, the PLC fault table gets cleared when the SVC_REQ is executed. If the value is 1, the I/O fault table gets cleared.

When inputs %I0346 and %I0349 are on, the Controller Fault table is cleared. When inputs %I0347 and %I0349 are on, the I/O fault table is cleared. When input %I0348 is on and input %I0349 is on, both are cleared.
The parameter block for the Controller Fault table is located at %R0500; for the I/O fault table the parameter block is located at %R0550.
Note: Both parameter blocks are set up elsewhere in the logic.

The parameter block has a length of 1 word. It is an input parameter block only. There is no output parameter block.
Address
0 = clear Controller Fault table
1 = clear I/O fault table​

Clear Fault.jpg

Last edited:
Sir;
I understand with that is following
1. first move the value 0 to any %R which is available and 1 also in another register. suppose i move the value 0 in %R0001 and 1 in %R 200.
2. Then i give the address at PARM node which one i want to clear on the specifiq event.
Am i right? please only confirm
Regards

Give it a Try. I have failed many times before I learned. Never Be afraid to try that's how you learn.

I'll say it again. You have a PLC available for you to experiment on. Use it!

For those who claim there is no such thing as a stupid question I say this. The stupid question is the one you ask when have the ability to answer it yourself but are too lazy to do so.

Now, to answer your latest question. You must use a different %R register at the PARM node of your SVC_REQ function with code #14 depending on whether you want to clear the controller fault table or the I/O fault table. For the controller fault table you must use an even-numbered %R address. For the I/O fault table you must use an odd-numbered %R address. That is because even-numbered %R addresses can only contain even integer values while odd-numbered %R addresses can only contain odd integer values.

If you persist in asking questions that you could easily answer for yourself, I will begin to furnish answers like the preceding paragraph, but I won't include a disclaimer like this to indicate that my response should not be taken seriously. You have been warned.

I'll say it again. You have a PLC available for you to experiment on. Use it!

For those who claim there is no such thing as a stupid question I say this. The stupid question is the one you ask when have the ability to answer it yourself but are too lazy to do so.

Now, to answer your latest question. You must use a different %R register at the PARM node of your SVC_REQ function with code #14 depending on whether you want to clear the controller fault table or the I/O fault table. For the controller fault table you must use an even-numbered %R address. For the I/O fault table you must use an odd-numbered %R address. That is because even-numbered %R addresses can only contain even integer values while odd-numbered %R addresses can only contain odd integer values.

If you persist in asking questions that you could easily answer for yourself, I will begin to furnish answers like the preceding paragraph, but I won't include a disclaimer like this to indicate that my response should not be taken seriously. You have been warned.

(y)