Can Proface AGP-3750T be a NTP server

AlfredoQuintero

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello. I need to add a computer to a small system which is not connected to the customer's LAN. There is a Proface AGP-3750T, a Melsec PLC and I need to add a PC (DIN-rail mounted Windows 10 industrial PC) that will get data from the PLC and create daily reports. I would like to synchronise the Windows with the clock on the AGP-3750T operating system. Is it possible to configure the AGP-3750T as a network time protocol server so the Windows 10 PC can keep the same time as the AGP-3750T? Will appreciate some words of advice.

Thanks for the sugesstion. I still would need to find out how to setup the NTP server in Proface. I will see if I have any luck with their support. My problem is that the Windows PC does not have panel so it is almost never seen directly, that is why I would prefer the panel to be the NPT server, because the panel is always running and they can adjust the time when it drifts too muhc from the real time. Anyways, will give a thought to this suggestion of yours. Thanks very much.

drtboy: Thanks very much for your advice. i am not planning to program an NPT server on the Proface thing, just to know if the functionality is supported off-the-shelf, in which case I will use it. If not supported, I will ask the customer to check periodically the time in the Windows 10 PC I am seetting. The data this application will gather are MS Excel files and the information is related to the produced batches numbers. Time accuracy is not that important. But thanks for this info. interesting. i was not aware a such a product.