Can RSLogix 5000 print select rungs?

wildswing

Did a search but did not come up with this specific topic, although, from what I did find, I think I know what the answer's going to be.

Is there a way to print only selected rungs in RSLogix 5000?

Select the rungs you want to print

Select File -> Print -> Routine (Or press Ctrl + P)

In the Print range section select "Selection"

Click "OK"

Perfect! Thanks benaiahhenry.

One more question. I think I saw this in my search, but it was an old thread, so I'll repeat. Can the printout be zoomed like in RSL5. I've got a couple of rungs that take up 4 pages with the default size. I tried changing font size but it did not affect the print size, only the display. Is there a check box I'm missing?

I don't see a way to do it nicely, looks like its pretty much "hacks". Here are a couple ideas I found digging around on the forum.

1) Print it to PDF as a large page size and then send it to the printer as 8.5x11

2) Zoom out the code in RSLogix and then use printscreen (or snipping tool in Win7) to take a screenshot and paste it into MS Word, etc.

-Benaiah

Thanks. I figured as much.

I copied and pasted to MSPaint & then told it to fit to 1 x 1 page. Worked for what I needed. Printing to a big PDF might be more convenient, although you might have to play around with page size to get a good fit.

Thanks again guys. Much appreciated.

There is a separate setting for font size for printing.

After you "Print Routine", there is a button on the dialog "Print Options". Go to Ladder Listing - Font/Color and pick a different size.

There is a separate setting for font size for printing.

After you "Print Routine", there is a button on the dialog "Print Options". Go to Ladder Listing - Font/Color and pick a different size.
I was sure I tried that, but for some reason didn't work. I must have fat fingered something. Worked this time though. Thanks.

Ok, one more question. Is there a way to get rid of the header (routine name, date, page #, etc)? I want to free up as much space on the page for the rungs as possible. I can't find a selection to turn it off.

Why not just export the rungs you want into a separate file, and then load them in to an empty application, then print them ? That way all that is shown is the few rungs you've exported ?

Why not just export the rungs you want into a separate file, and then load them in to an empty application, then print them ? That way all that is shown is the few rungs you've exported ?
Good point. Yes, I suppose that would work too although, to me, benaiahhenry's method, where you...

1. Select the rungs you want to print
  2. Select File -> Print -> Routine (Or press Ctrl + P)
  3. In the Print range section select "Selection"
  4. Click "OK"
...seems much simpler. More than one way to skin a cat, I suppose.