Can we use two controllers in same chassis

lrahman

We have 1756-L55 PLC communicating with Honeywell DCS using prosoft module via Serial link. without interrupting this communication link we want to establish new link using 1756-L71 Controller and with prosoft module to DCS via ethernet using same chassis. how can we achieve this please advise.

Yes, you can definitely put more than one ControlLogix 1756-series CPU into a single 1756 chassis.

In general, ProSoft modules can only exchange data with one controller.

If you will also be installing another ProSoft module, then that's no problem.

If you wish to add this new controller's data to the existing Prosoft module, you will have to program data exchanges between the old and new controllers, using either MSG instructions or "Produced/Consumed Tags".