Can write data to CODESYS PLC from tool, but not from TwinCAT

AlfredoQuintero

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello. I have been using CODESYS for years and had taken for granted that the PLC part was very similar to TwinCAT. but just found one issue that is different. If you know what I am doing wrong I can be grateful for guidance. In CODESYS when connected to the PLC with the engineering tool it is very easy to write data to variables in the PLC ans shown below. I thought TwinCAT would be the same but I do not get the option. Would like to be able to do the same in TwinCAT. Thanks for the advice.

TwinCAT_CODESYS.jpg

Similar Topics

Thank you for any and all responses/help. I have an RSLogix 5000 v20 and a Cognex In-Sight v5.9 spreadsheet (8502P). I can not figure out how to...
Replies
Views
Looking for options to write data to Siemens PLC. Looking for something closest to way we were doing it with AB PLC and excel sheet. Old way...
Replies
Views
Dear colleagues, I am reaching out for assistance with an issue I am having. I have a code that can successfully insert data from FactoryTalk...
Replies
Views
Greetings. I have a 1769-L30ER that runs a new piece of equipment my company bought. I would like to read from and write to some tags on this PLC...
Replies
Views
Hello. A semiconductor production machinery maker has inquired about a Windows application that be able to cyclically read data from an OPCUA...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom