can you contact/control a wago 850-842 ethernet controller

oregonsam

Hi. Just curiouos of the capabilities of the wago ethernet controller. Would it be possible to access/monitor it from a remote site using the internet? What software would be required?
Thanks

oregonsam said:
...Would it be possible to access/monitor it from a remote site using the internet?

Yes!

oregonsam said:
...What software would be required?...

1. Create a Web page "inside" the PFC and look at the Data with you usual browser
  2. Use Modbus/TCP to access different data area (SCADA softwares or some freewares to read Modbus)

PFC...stands for what(please excuse my ignorance)? This sounds very promising. If the Wago ethernet controller was hooked to a cable modem at a remote location, what capabilies for control would be possible:
switching on/off outputs, monitoring analog/discrete input variables,monitoring camera input?

oregonsam said:
PFC...stands for what(please excuse my ignorance)? This sounds very promising. If the Wago ethernet controller was hooked to a cable modem at a remote location, what capabilies for control would be possible:
switching on/off outputs, monitoring analog/discrete input variables,monitoring camera input?

Programmable Feildbus Controler.

There is no limit to what you can do.

With the ware you can have a simili-SCADA screen working ins and outs.

Go to the Wago site and download the manual.(Click top left ... Documentation)