Phoenix Contact Ethernet Switch Password

nievesdelimon

Hi, I'm working with a Phoenix Contact FL NAT 2304-2GC-2SFP Ethernet switch, I already set the IP address and it has been working fine. I can access the device through any web browser, but when I try to login I can't, a "Invalid username or password. Authentication failed" message appears even though I'm using the credentials stated on the User manual and none of those have been modified.

Any ideas on how to login or how to reset the switch?

Just about any managed switch got a reset function. Took me less than a minute to find it in the manual. You would lose all existing configuration.

2.4.1 Calling up Smart mode
• Connect the device to the supply voltage.
• Wait approximately 30 seconds for the device to boot up and be ready for operation.
Once the device is booted and ready for operation, the LEDs for all ports go out.
• Press and hold down the Smart mode button for at least five seconds.
⇒ If Smart mode is active, the four LEDs of port XF1 and XF2 will flash. The active state
is indicated alternately by the flashing sequence of all four LEDs.
When Smart mode is started, the switch is initially in the “Exit without changes” state.