Cannot Create v6.1 .mer With FTView V6.1??

Peters64

Hi Everyone,

I have recently converted a PanelBuilder32 file to a FactoryTalk View ME v6.1 development environment. All is well except when I go to create the .mer I only have the option to create v5.1 and lower runtime files. I would like the runtime to be v6.1 to match another HMI on the system. Is there something obvious I am missing here that would inhibit this? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Is it a model with DeviceNet or Remote I/O ? Or maybe a PV+400/600 ?

When FactoryTalk View Studio 6.10 came out, some specific models of PV+ weren't available with v6 logic modules, so it will only allow you to make Runtime files for older firmware.

I will be putting the runtime on a PV+ 6 600. Would I simply just have to change the project from referencing that PV+ in the project settings?

Wow. So I just tried it and if I go into Project Settings and change the project window size from PV+ 400/600 to Custom 320X240 it works...

I didn't know that changing it from "PV+ 400/600" to the custom resolution that happens to be the same as the PV+ 400/600 would work. Thank you for posting that followup.