Can't add group to remote OPC server

mbtucker

All,

I am having an issue with Kepware's OPC Quick Client communicating with a remote OPC Server. I can add and connect to the remote server, but when I attempt to add a new group I get the error "Failed to add group 'TEST_Mike' to 'ION.OpcDaServer.1' (HR=80070721)"

This is only happening from 1 PC. I have added the OPC Quick client to 2 other desktop's and they have worked fine. So I am under the assumption that something is not set correctly on the local PC.

Has anyone seen this type of thing before and if so, what is the fix?????

Thanks in Advance!
:confused:

Ok, this is a first for me. The error is RPC_S_SEC_PKG_ERROR which means "A security package specific error occurred."

All Hrusults that begin with 0x8 are coming from a windows component. In this case this is an RPC specific error and the indicatinis that it is permissions or security related. What OS is the ION server running on and what server is the Quick Client running on? Is this OS differnt than the OS that the QC is running in on other PC's? I would look at differences on this PC vs the ones that work as it is most likely and permissions issue on this PC.

Forgot the most important thing, see if there are any system or applicaiton errors mosted in Windows evenets on either PC when this error occurs. Sometimes you can get more detail from thos of windows posts them.