Can't logon from CODESYS Windows console

AlfredoQuintero

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello. I have this one RevolutionPi. I can logon from keyboard and by means of VNC so I have the user and password right. But cannot logon with the Windows console which insists I have incorrect credentials. Can't find a CODESYS forum that explains how to solve this problem. The device type in the CODESYS projects conforms with the version actually flashed in RevolutionPi. Would be so glad for some advice. Thanks.

2023-01-17_Codesys.jpg

That's the CODESYS Device User Management.

It is (or was until recently) distinct from the CODESYS Visualization User Management.

It is also (even now) distinct from the linux user management (eg. to log on with ssh)

So, someone got a very similar dialog to the one you are sharing now, but instead it says something like "There's no username or password setup, please make one up now". Because it looks so similar, people often guess at what the login should be, but actually they set it. So, maybe it is the first password you would have guessed?

Failing that, delete the user database, restart CODESYS, and pick a new username and password. hint: find the files with:

sudo ls -a /var/opt/codesys/ | grep 'csv'

You can see how similar the two dialogs are here on this FAQ article: https://faq.codesys.com/display/CDSFAQ/Disable+(forced)+device+user+management+as+of+SP17

Deleting the CODESYS user database in Linux

AustralIan, good day. My my already bloated indebtedness to you has got way bigger today. Thanks very much for the information above. I am posting my solution because if somebody has this problem and finds this post, that person could save him/herself a lot of pain. Again and again, thanks very much.

20230118_CODESYS_UserReset.jpg

Last edited: