Careful on Rockwell AOP running mpsetup from a command line

robertmee

Lifetime Supporting Member
Word of warning. I had issues with a 5069-AENTR not appearing in IO selection. After downloading the latest version 40 AOP, still didn't appear in pick list. Found a technote where there's an issue with this AOP and you have to run an uninstall from a command line to remove the previous ver 21 Adapter profiles AOP. The command line prompt is mpsetup /cu which runs an uninstall. DO NOT select ALL on the subsequent prompt. Even through running MPSetup from the directory of the AOP, the damn utility Uninstalled every AOP I had installed over the past 25 years. Gulp!! There was no cancel option other than in retrospect I could have killed it from task manager. But the Rockwell tech I was on the phone with said don't do that, let it run. I kept telling him, it's Uninstalling Kinetix, powerflex, 1734, 3rd party, etc, before he realized what it was doing.

Fortunately this was on a Virtual, and I had a month old backup, so three hours later I was back in business. But damn, I hate when a 10 minute job turns into 3 hours...time is money.

Just had to rant and maybe helpful to someone searching in the future.