carwash plc

well that depends - are you going to need anything special like analog in/out or any networking or connecting an HMI to it? you would probably want an HMI for the worker to enter orders and view whats in the system.

You might be able to get away with a micrologix 1000 with 20 I/O (12 in 8 out) with DH 485 support tied in to a panelview 550, you'd just need to select the voltage you want for your plc and I/O and such - the micrologix manual has information on what cables you'd need to wire up a 485 connection.

Not to step on anybody's toes..... but the Idec PLC you mentioned already HAS a port for an HMI. Did you already buy the PLC?

If you're going to add an HMI, the inputs you need will be reduced to almost NONE. I know you only need 4 outputs to signal the mac 3000.

If you just want to see 8 lines of info, each line for a slot in the stack and the wash assigned to it, and to be able to add a car as it arrives, make changes up till the car hits the photo eye, and output 1 of 4 outputs for a second or so to the mac 3000, I think you should "Private Message" me.

The only concern I have is that you mentioned something about a "deadline"?

Stationmaster