CCW help - Timer with variable settings?

SirTrent

G'day guys,

Just wondering is anyone could help me out with this one, i've done some plc programming before but never on CCW.
Trying to knock up a simple program but come unstuck with the timer part.

I have an analog input card configured with a 0-10v signal coming in.

I want that signal to control how long a timer will run for.

So far i've been able to use a 'any to time' function to convert the signal to a time variable that the timer will accept as its 'PT'

I haven't been able to power up yet and test, but my question is around scaling.

I cannot find anywhere that will let me set how long 0 and 10 will be in relation to seconds? I thought the 'any to time' function would have some kind of scaling properties that i could change?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Use the SCALER block to scale your 0-10V signal to 0 - X seconds or whatever time values you want.

Then use the output of the SCALER block into ANY_TO_TIME to set the timers PT.

ahh ok i'll have to have a look tomorrow, i did have a scaler block open but it wouldn't accept the variables that i was using i.e wouldn't output a time value and wouldn't accept the analog input (think its uint?)

I would probably use a little different approach.(But I don't know what kind of time control you are looking for.

Use "Any to Real" to convert the (_IO_EM_AI_00-word) to a real and apply that to the input of the Scaler. Then set your scaler so that the Inputmin =0 and the inputmax=4095 (This is because the analog input is only a 10 bit resolution.

Now set the outputmin =0 and the outmax= (anynumber????) (now this would be converted to a "DINT" which will be "Seconds" - then use the "Dint to Time" function block (you will have to get this from the web site) this function block will give you the correct time format you need for the timer.

I can provide example should you need one.

thanks for the responses guys,

Time control is for a batching process, so they want to be able to set the POT to a certain number.... (they have no idea atm hahaha but im assuming 0-10v will be 0-10 mins) and then let the machine run for what ever they set it to.

Ok cool again i'll have a crack tomorrow, that was my train of thought as well, just wasn't sure how the conversion works from Dint to Time (one = one second?) and wasn't sure if i was over complicating this haha.

Thnks guys i'll let you know how i go :D