Changing OMRON PLC & HMI IP causing communication break

Dshahzad

Hello everyone,

I am trying to change the IP address of the Omron PLC (NJ30-1200) and HMI (NB7W-TW01B) to fetch the network on our network. Sysmac Studio is being used for PLC whereas, NB Designer is being used for HMI. Whenever I change the IP from PLC and HMI, they stop communicating with each other. In Sysmac studio, PLC IP is changed and in NB Designer, PLC & HMI IP has changed.

Kindly guide further to resolve this issue.

Did you change the NODE rotary dials on the NJ to match the last octet in the PLC IP address?
Hi,
Thank you for your reply.

No, i have not set any rotary dials. There are no rotary dials on the CPU, however there are DIP switches. Do I have to change that too ?

Thanx

In NB designer did you set the node address of the plc/hmi to be the last octet of the IP address?
Also check in communication settings to make sure the addresses updated.
In Sysmac studio in "Built-in Ethernet/IP Port Settings" check what node address is set in the FINS Settings - If automatic generation is used it will use the last octet of your IP address.
Are both IP's that your changing too in the same subnet? If not then you may need to add entries to the IP address table.

In NB designer did you set the node address of the plc/hmi to be the last octet of the IP address?
Also check in communication settings to make sure the addresses updated.
In Sysmac studio in "Built-in Ethernet/IP Port Settings" check what node address is set in the FINS Settings - If automatic generation is used it will use the last octet of your IP address.
Are both IP's that your changing too in the same subnet? If not then you may need to add entries to the IP address table.
Hi Chelton,
No i have not changed the node address. Please see following table.

Exisiting:
IP Address : 192.168.0.1
Node : 1

Proposed:
IP Address : 192.168.40.7
Node : 1

Do we have to change the NODE of proposed to 7 ? I have also attached the communication setting from NB Designer.

Please let me kno. Thanx

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2024-02-23 at 9.13.00 AM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2024-02-23 at 9.13.00 AM.jpeg
    58.8 KB · Views: 2
It is not mandatory that the node address is the same as the last octet of IP address, however it makes it easier when using FINS communication. I would suggest you change it to 7. Also you need to make sure the node address of the HMI (NB) has it's node address set correctly. If the node addresses are not set to the last octet address, you would need to use the address tables in the NB and PLC.