Christmas light project

Caveman

Phill mentioned us posting some ideas in the news
letter. Here is one of mine.
I make 5 pointed stars from 2' to 10' tall out of
round cold roll steel. A few years ago I tried putting
3 or even 4 different sizes together and making what
I call a shooting star ex. 2' 4' 6' or 3' 5' 8' 10'.
for the smaller combinations one of those computerized
light sets will work, just find the and mark common lead
then cut the lights off. and wire one of the 3 or 4 leads
with the common to each star. Heavy duty controllers can
also be purchased from Murdock & Mendleson in Nashville,
Tenn. Or lastly an PLC to create your own design.
These stars are VERY Nice looking, especially when clear
colored bulbs are used.

I use a PLC to turn my Christmas lights on and off.
I guess I could have used a timer.
I'm thinking about getting a touch screen HMI to
open and close my garage door.

Rockwell was offering a MicroLogix 1200 and a small panelview with both softwares for $800 bucks. I almost got it to do stuff around the house.......sick sick sick

Sick?

A friend of mine threatened to have me committed when I said I wanted to replace my doorbell with a PLC (one of the really pricey ones)... :D

Yes it's overkill, but the doorbell was shot and the PLC was being used as a paperweight. I figured I could do all kinds of dancing lights and stuff instead of that lame chime.

I guess I'll settle for creating a Christmas display instead. beerchug

AK

Why stop at Christmas? I tend to have more FUN at Halloween!

I have my PLC connected to strobe lights, a fog machine, PAxxton ATTIC fan that blows up a ghost made out of a bed sheet.

And my favorite is to connect 1/8 air line to my valve stack. Turn the PSI down to about 40 PSI. Leave the air line or air line(s) laying on the porch, then when the kids ring the doorbell...WHIPPING AIRLINE and makes a great hissing sound, plus the airline whips them in the legs!!!!!! Doesn't hurt them. It's the element of surprise.

Scares them to death...