Cincinnati or GE Fanuc Message Displays

Moebius

Hi Forum, has anyone any information regarding the Cincinnati Dynacomp (later branded as GE Fanuc) 5412 Message Display. We have one, but don't have the manuals or any programming software (probably would be DOS):rolleyes:

any help much appreciated

I think those were branded Total Control at one point. You should be able to use "GUS" (Greyline Universal Software) for programming purposes.

Here's the manual for GUS in pdf - sorry to say I don't have the actual software. And yes, it appears to be based on DOS 3.1 or greater.

Did you try the web site? www.gefanuc.com/support
But if it were mine, I would toss it and get something else. By the time you get it running it is likely to die of old age and you will need to start over anyway. :)
I will try to remember to check my archives tomorrow, I used to have it.

Thanks pacifico - much appreciated.(y)

if either you or RussB find the software, it will get us out of trouble for now.

FYI - we will probably retire it within the year for a Panelview when we merge a few PLCs into one with RIO/FlexIO - the whole system is about 10-15 years old anyway - but would be nice to know what the alarms and status messages are!
šŸ» cheers

Cheers Russ,

not having much luck there - got an SSO, but might be some probs with our IT blocking the file access šŸ™ƒ. can you access and send me a zip if it's not too much trouble

I'll try again from ourside the office anyway