CIP Message to ILX56-PBM

jowett34

Hello forum! Long time user, first time poster.

I am currently designing a control system that has a Production system, linked to live plant equipment. There are 4 PLCs in total. Most of this I/O will be connected via Profibus using ILX56-PBM cards in the local rack.

Alongside this Production system will be a Development system which uses IDENTICAL software to the 4 Production system PLCs, with an extra Simulation PLC. The Development PLCs will NOT have the ILX56-PBM cards in the rack, but as it's a copy of the Production system code, they will exist in the project.

What I need to do is be able to transmit data from the Simulation PLC via a tag or the same data type to the 4 Development PLCs straight to the ILX56-PBM module, as though the data were coming from the field.

I cannot change any software in the Development PLCs to accomodate this, so things such as Produce/Consume are out of the question.

I've been trying to use a MSG instruction in the Simulation PLC to "CIP Data Table Write" . I've tried making a Source Element type with the same data structure as the one in the local rack with the Destination Element as the card in the destination rack, but I get an error code 16#000f - Access permission denied for requested service. I guess it's something to do with differing data types in the structure it's not happy with.

All I need to be able to do is write to the PB_Input_x within the structure PS:ILX56_PBM:I1:0. I can do this one-to-one with a message for each iteration of PB_Input_x, but there are over 400 of these, multiplied by around 4 ILX56-PBM cards per rack, that is a lot of messages.

Is there a way to offset the element number, maybe using an index array and just send the data I need?

Help much appreciated, thanks!