Citect ActiveX control

atomtm

Hello everyone ! I am trying to restore a citect project on a different computer.However when I try to open a specific page with graphics builder , I get the following error :
"This is not a valid ActiveX Control. The IDispatch interface must be present."
Does anyone know if I have to manually install any additional drivers or any Windows components? I am running windows XP .

Thank you in advance!

Hello everyone ! I am trying to restore a citect project on a different computer.However when I try to open a specific page with graphics builder , I get the following error :
"This is not a valid ActiveX Control. The IDispatch interface must be present."
Does anyone know if I have to manually install any additional drivers or any Windows components? I am running windows XP .

Thank you in advance!

The Citect KB says:

Summary:
I want to insert the Process Analyst control on a page in Graphics Builder but I get the following error when I try to: "IDispatch error"
Solution:
The IDispatch error occurs if a particular ActiveX Control does not support the IDispatch Interface. However, since the Process Analyst control does support it, this error is likely to appear if the Process Analyst ActiveX control has not been registered correctly.

Thus, you will need to register your Process Analyst Control DLL file, as follows:
Open the Windows Command Prompt
type: regsvr32 "<Path>\Analyst.dll" (The DLL path is shown in "Location" field on "Insert ActiveX Control" Popup in the Graphics Builder). By default, this file will be located under C:\Program Files\Common Files\Citect
Press Enter
Once Enter has been pressed, you will get a pop-up message box acknowledging that the registration succeeded. You should now be able to insert a Process Analyst ActiveX object on your graphics page.

For more information about registering ActiveX controls in Windows, refer to Knowledgebase Article Q3386.