click Koyo plc's

The software is free, download it and give it a try.

I have the software and have tinkered with it, but have not used it in a live project yet. The software seems pretty self explanatory and easy to use to me.

Koyo click PLCs

I downloaded the software. A plc class I am taking is going to get the PLC's and use them for training. Do you know of anyone actually using them in a industrial setting?

I would like to find some instruction on the SCL language the Click uses for serial communication. Surely someone has made more than the one sample program that AD has.

I have sold a few trainers with them and they seamed to like them.... I am going to make some analogs later this month

The price is very good...

The port can also use ASCII communications but you would have to do most of the work. Your 'SCL' doesn't resolve to much using the almighty 'GOOGLE'. Please define further so we can help.

Last edited:
AD calls it Serial Command Lnaguage.
When the AD SureStepPro software is loaded it asks how you want to control the stepper motor. Pulse and direction, Analog Velocity, Fixed Velocity, or Point to Point (SLC). SLC is supposed to be better/easier for programming. Background; I have very little practical experience with PLCs. I've played with a couple to get the lights to work with inputs, etc. but that is why I bought the AD system so I could play and learn. AD, for all their great ads doesn't have anything for the program that is supposed to be for this PLC. I like their stuff but I would like to make it move. More.
I've read that MODBUS is the protocall AD uses but I wouldn't know if it was the same as SCL unless it said so.

Thanks for the reply
Neil

Doing a quick look at the Sure Step Pro manual it's a pure ASCII command syntax. You'll just have to do a lot of formatting and printing of strings. Fancy acronyms are fun but it's nothing special. I haven't used it but the ASCII mode on the serial channel should get you going.

It is NOT Modbus.

It's an opportunity for you to become the expert and teach us all! Go for it.