Koyo Click PLC, Sinking outputs

brett1405

Hello forum. I have a Koyo Click Model CO-OODD1-D. It has 8 sink/source inputs and 6 sinking outputs. I have a traffic light program I already put into it which works great, but I am having problems trying to get the 12 volt lamps to light the right way, since the lamps are sinking also. My manual says to use a pull up resistor in between the power going into the output +V and the outputs to the lights. I was wondering if someone could help me as to how to go about this, or if there is another way to do it. I would appreciate any help. Thank you, brett1405.

Sinking means switching the load to the negative rail.
IF you are using a 24Vdc Supply then you will need a resistor in series with each lamp to bring the lamp voltage to 12 V.-

However what is the lamp wattage - be carefull about the load on your outputs

but I am having problems trying to get the 12 volt lamps to light the right way, since the lamps are sinking also. My manual says to use a pull up resistor in between the power going into the output +V and the outputs to the lights. I was wondering if someone could help me as to how to go about this, or if there is another way to do it. I would appreciate any help. Thank you, brett1405.

Are you sure the lamps need to be treated like they are sinking? Are they two wire devices?

If you treat them like they are sourcing then you can use the standard connection for sinking outputs.

The info for this is on page 3-27