Click PLC Analog input module set up

jcollins

Hi All
I'm trying to add an analog input module to my Click plc to attach some potentiometers to. I can't seem to get any data in my system monitor window. it's all reading 0.0 mA. I did go through the configuration to make sure the computer was reading it. I Don't have any LED lights in the module turning on but my Normal PLC is working just fine with reading data inputs. I don't think there are any LED lights on the actual board.
I have a C0-00dr-0 with a C0-04AD-1 module attached.

any advice?

I have wired it to the 24v and the 0v on the 2 bottom (lowest in the set) connections of the module. I also have a wire going to the channel 1 from the potentiometer which I get a voltage signal from. I still get a reading from the computer that I have 0 mA

I also have a wire going to the channel 1 from the potentiometer which I get a voltage signal from. I still get a reading from the computer that I have 0 mA

HMMM?

The C0-04AD-1 is a current input module not voltage.

If you connected 10 volts to the input you may have damaged the input. See pdf below.

Input impedance is 124 ohms, with 10 volts's connected gives you 80 ma. Max is 44ma (not good)

https://www.plcdirect.eu/downloads/...tasheets-3/301-datasheet-click-c0-04ad-1/file

Last edited:
C0-04AD-1 is a current input module. Input Impedance is 124 Ohms. That sets it's voltage input from 0-2.48 volts. Not going to work with a pot input. You need C0-04AD-2.